Dr. Russ Mosher, DPT | Meet Our Doctors
Dr. Russ Mosher, D.P.T.
Dr Russ Mosher, DPT and Dr. Kevin Steele, DC we have over 45 years of experience in rehabilitative medicine. We both feel that our community Would do well with the personalized service that we offer, as far as scheduling and treatments are concerned. Our office staff has a nice repore with our clientele, and both have a smile and kind word for people coming in for appointments, as well as those who are just dropping by to say hello. We are dedicated to serving our surrounding neighboring communities, as well as the town of Suffolk, with a personal touch and hometown feel, no matter where you are coming from or what your need for treatment is.
Our clinic is based on a model for hands on treatment for the combination of Physical Therapy and Chiropractic professions. This is different that is based in research that shows the use of both professions results to both a faster and longer lasting recovery, than either one separately. We often apply this method for symptoms that are often spine related, even if the symptoms are showing up someplace else. We offer PT manual therapy, chiropractic adjustments, electric stimulation, ultrasound, and we are certified for Direct access by the VA board of medicine. This means no referral is required, unless by your insurance, to make an appointment
Dr. Kevin Steele, D.C.
Dr. Steele is a Chiropractor who has been practicing for 20 years. For the last 17 years his office has been located in Hampton, Virginia. Dr. Steele was the first doctor to open a multidisciplinary medical clinic on the Virginia Peninsula. The Multidisciplinary clinic setting is one that provides traditional medical services, physical therapy, and Chiropractic all in the same office!
CHIROPRACTIC ADJUSTMENTS & PHYSICAL THERAPEUTICS
Dr. Steele provides a variety of Chiropractic services in his Hampton office. He practices a type of joint mobilization called Diversified. Diversified is an accepted and well researched group of techniques taught in most Chiropractic schools. He also has certifications in Flexion-Distraction technique. As the name suggests, this technique allows the patient to benefit from passive gentile stretching of the back. Dr. Steele has professional training in a variety of Physiotherapy modalities such as TENS, Ultrasound, Iontophoresis, and others. He will work these pain relieving treatments into a patient?s treatment plan when appropriate. Exercise and posture guidance come with most treatment plans as well. The best thing a Chiropractor can teach his patients is how to avoid having to see him. A formal list of Dr. Steele?s professional skills is listed below.
Dr. Steele has experience working with difficult ailments. He has worked with; Fibromyalgia patients, patients with progressive neurological disorders, and patients with non-operable disc injuries. Many times in a multidisciplinary setting, doctors and therapists have a wider variety of conservative treatment options. It is our experience at Peninsula Chiropractic that with more options comes more solutions. Patients can combine helpful treatments and be exposed to treatments they never considered.
- Articles Written by Dr. Steele
Dr. Charles L. O'Dea, MT (ASCP), D.C.
- Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA. 1975: B.S., Medical Technology
Texas Chiropractic College, Pasadena, TX. 1979: Doctor of Chiropractic
- Virginia State Board of Medicine: Chiropractic, Acupuncture
- American Society of Clinical pathologists
- Diplomate National Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- American Chiropractic Association
- Virginia Chiropractic Association, past board member
- Hampton Roads Chiropractic Association, past President
- Council on Diagnostic Imaging
- Foundation for Chiropractic Education and Research
- Association for the History of Chiropractic
- American Back Society
- American Public Health Association
- Christian Chiropractors Association
Post Graduate Studies
- Spinal Impairment and Disability; New York Chiropractic College
- Spinal Radiology; Dr. Terry Yochum
- Independent Medical Examination; Parker Chiropractic College
- Instructor, American Red Cross Back Injury Prevention
- Cervical Acceleration/Decelleration Injury Management; Dr. Arthur C. Croft
- Trigger Point Therapy and Myofascial Release; Parker Chiropractic College
- Acupuncture; Logan College of Chiropractic, Shanghai Teaching Hospital, College of Traditional
- Chinese Medicine, Shanghai, China; New York Chriopractic College
- Certified Addictionology Program; Graceland College