How Does Spinal Alignment Affect Your Entire Body?
Humans are truly delicate creatures. It’s easy to forget this, isn’t it?
Take your spine, for example. It’s made of 33 vertebrae along with countless ligaments, tendons, muscles, nerves, and soft tissue.
When your spinal alignment is thrown off, dozens of painful symptoms and conditions start popping up.
Fortunately, you can re-adjust your spine naturally and enjoy years of pain-free health. Here’s how.
Your Central Nervous System: The Literal Mind-Body Connection
Your central nervous system lives inside your spinal column – running from your brain down through your spine.
With so many moving parts, it’s easy for problems to arise. Poor posture at work, injuries, inactivity, and bad sleeping posture can all take their toll. When your alignment is thrown off, you may notice problems such as:
- Herniated, slipped, or bulging discs
- Chronic headaches
- Excessive tiredness
- Hip or knee pain
- Back pain
- Numbness or tingling in your hands
- Frequent colds, illnesses, or flareups of autoimmune conditions
Fortunately, you can take a few steps to correct your misalignment and prevent it from happening again in the first place. Start by:
- Practicing proper posture while both sitting and standing.
- Try to stand for a few hours each day. Consider a standing desk, if possible.
- Exercise regularly.
- Stretch or do yoga daily.
- Use ergonomic devices at your desk.
- Visiting a chiropractor for gentle adjustments.
- Physical therapy to improve mobility.
Improve Spinal Alignment with Chiropractic in Suffolk
Dr. Russ Mosher and Dr. Charles O’Dea have over 45 years of experience in rehabilitative medicine. At Compass Chiropractic and Physical Therapy in Suffolk, they offer a wide range of solutions to treat misalignment and start you down the road to long-term recovery.
Depending on your unique condition, your doctor will create a personalized treatment plan using techniques and treatments like:
- Physical therapy to strengthen soft tissues and improve your range of motion.
- Chiropractic adjustments to relieve pressure on your vertebrae and improve mobility.
- Acupuncture to address any chronic pain or conditions.
- Fitness and exercise programs to support long-term health.
Don’t let a spinal misalignment advance into chronic pain! Schedule an appointment at Compass Chiropractic and Physical Therapy in Suffolk by calling 757-539-2244.